Importing Your Students from Google Classroom
If you have your students in Google Classroom, you can skip manually typing out each student's name and import them into Freckle with a few simple clicks. Here's how it works:
1. Click on 'Manage Roster' in the left navigation.
2. Click on the 'Add New Class' button.
3. You'll then see the 'Import from Google Classroom' button. Click on it to begin importing from Google Classroom.
4. You should see a popup from Google asking you to choose a Google account to import your students from.
*If you don't see this popup, check to make sure you're not using a popup blocker that is blocking it. You can usually see this action where you type in the url (website address, e.g. http://www.freckle.com). If it's blocking the popup there should be a red icon there.
5. Choose the Google account you'd like to import your students from by clicking on it.
6. You'll then be asked to give Freckle Education permission to access your Google Classroom data. You must click 'ALLOW' to import your students from Google Classroom.
7. You'll then be asked to select a class to import. Select a class to continue.
8. You'll then be asked for a grade level for the class.
9. Finally, you'll be asked to confirm all of the student names in your class. You can add new students or modify the settings for the students you'll be importing from Google Classroom.
10. Once you've approved the names and clicked on "Continue", your class will be created in Freckle
I chose the wrong Google account when importing, how do I change it?
To change the Google account associated with Freckle, you'll need to go to the "My Account" section of your Google account, find the 'Connected Apps and Sites' section, and remove access for Freckle Education.
Warning: DO NOT REMOVE THIS ACCESS IF YOU USE GOOGLE TO LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT.