What is the Freckle <> NWEA MAP Upload?
- Freckle can upload students’ MAP results into Freckle to set their pretest levels for Math and ELA automatically.
- Your Freckle Account Manager can assist you with specifics and will provide the necessary templates for you to share with us.
How does Freckle <> NWEA MAP Upload help our school or district?
- Students’ pretest levels in Freckle will automatically be set at the levels corresponding to their NWEA MAP RIT score. In math, levels are set based on domain-specific RIT ranges; for ELA, reading levels are set based on overall RIT score.
- Students can start working at their own level as soon as the upload is complete, and can bypass the Freckle pretest.
- Teachers can measure student growth more accurately, since students begin practicing in Freckle at the same level as their MAP score.
Are there any additional aspects to be aware of?
- In order to complete the NWEA MAP Upload, your school must be syncing with Clever, ClassLink, or complete Freckle Bulk Rostering.
- Please only send data for currently enrolled students. If there are students on the list who are not included in the current rosters, the upload will fail and we will need to ask you for updated data that excludes these students.
- Freckle levels will automatically be set according to their NWEA MAP score, but this means that if they had previously completed work within Freckle, their level could either move up or down depending if they scored more or less advanced on the MAP test.
- Sometimes district data includes multiple student identifiers. Please send the student IDs that correspond to the student IDs in Clever, ClassLink, or Freckle Bulk Rostering.
- MAP scores are not visible inside the Freckle product; the upload will simply be reflected in the students’ pretest level.
- Freckle will upload one set of NWEA MAP scores per contract period, and best practice is to upload the Fall scores after current students have completed the MAP test.
How do we get started?
- Discuss next steps for getting started with your Freckle Account Manager, or email email@example.com for additional information.
- Your Account Manager will provide you with templates that you’ll need to send over to us after that initial conversation, depending on the needs of your school/district.